Seek opinion on a case
Court Judgments
Central Laws
State Laws
Regulatory Announcements
Anonymous User
Username

Password

MAGISTRATE'S POWER TO DIRECT INVESTIGATION TO BE CONCLUDED AT THE EARLIEST AND TO ARREST THE ACCUSED, UNDER SECTION 159 Cr.P.C.
Anonymous User at 9:28 p.m. on 08 Feb. 10
In in a case police after registring crime due some political influance or other wise stops investigation, and keeps the case in cold storage with out arresting the accused. 

What is the option left to the defacto complainant? 

Can he file a Petition u/s 159 Cr.P.C., seeking a direction to police to investigate the case and to arrest the accused, and to call for the progress of investigation in the case.?   
"magistrates power to direct investigation"
Anonymous User at 1:39 p.m. on 09 Feb. 10
In case of no investigation on the part of police after registration of case, two options open to the defacto complainant. One is he can move the High court u/s 482 of Cr.p.c seeking a direction to the police to investigate the matter and complete investigation within stipulated time. The second option is he can file a petition u/s 156(3) of Cr.p.c. before the magistrate so as to monitor investigation as per the judgement rendered in sakkiri vasu case by katju j.
Kindly tell me the distinction between section 153(3) Cr.P.C and Section 159 Cr.P.C.
Anonymous User at 10:42 p.m. on 18 Feb. 10
What is the object of section 159 Cr.P.C., does it empower a magistrate to supervise investigation in to an offence. Now a days it has becom a common phenomenon that, for  getting a crime registered it takes considerable loss of money & time the same thing requires for the culprit to be arrested, if arrested for getting filed a charged sheet lest it may be a final report of mistake of fact or a case of civil in nature. All these are the off shoots of unbriddled power confered on police. For arresting an accused there is no time limit. For concluding investigation there is no time limit. For filing charge sheet there sheet there is no time limit. 

Can all these maladies be put an end by resorting to Section 159 Cr.P.C., if it empowers a magistrate to supervise investigation. 
Section 156 crpc
Anonymous User at 11:40 p.m. on 10 March 10
Can i file a private complaint under sec 156 crpc for sec 312 in mumbai as my wife left from mumbai was pregnant and she has aborted the child iam staying in mumbai and my wife was pregnant in mumbai the doctor certificate clearly mentions she was not allowed to travel during her pregnancy still she travelled. If i filed case in mumbai are there chances of juristiction problem.
Post in this thread