CENTRAL INFORMATION COMMISSION Room No. 308, B-Wing, August Kranti Bhawan, Bhikaji Cama Place, New Delhi-110066 File No.CIC/SM/A/2009/00100/LS Appellant : Shri Raghbir Singh Public Authority : JS (Trg) & CAO, MOD (through Shri T.P. Srivastava, Dy. CAO (P) (CPIO)) Date of Hearing : 9.10.2009 Date of Decision : 9.10.2009 FACTS
By his RTI application dated 9.6.2008, the appellant had sought information regarding vacancies in the Section Officers grade of AFHQ Civil Services. The CPIO had refused to disclose this information on the ground that it would lead to disproportionate diversion of the resources. The AA had affirmed the order of the CPIO vide letter dated 1.9.2008, in the context of the performa given by the appellant.
2. Hence, the present appeal.
3. Heard on 9.10.2009. Appellant present. The public authority is represented by the officer named above. The parties were heard.
4. After hearing the parties, it is directed that Sanctioned Strength, Actual Strength and Vacancies as obtaining on 26.5.2001, 1.1.2002, 1.1.2003, 1.1.2004 & 1.1.2005 may be provided to the appellant in 04 weeks time.
5. The matter is decided accordingly.
(M.L. Sharma) Central Information Commissioner Authenticated true copy. Additional copies of orders shall be supplied against application and payment of the charges, prescribed under the Act, to the CPIO of this Commission.
(K.L. Das) Assistant Registrar Address of parties :-
1. Shri T.P. Srivastava Dy. CAO (P), O/o JS (Trg) & CAO, E-Block, Dalhousie Road, DHQ PO, New Delhi-11
2. Shri Raghubir Singh Section Officer, AG Branch/MO-4 (CIV) (A), Room No. 443, A-Wing, New Delhi-110105