Citedby 454 docs - [
Mamtazul Huq And Ors. vs Nirbhai Singh on 9 March, 1883
State Of M.P. vs Union Of India & Anr. on 17 August, 2011
I.B. Vyas, Police Inspector vs State Of Gujarat And Ors. on 4 December, 1997
Inacio Martins Deceased Through ... vs Narayan Hari Naik And Ors on 7 April, 1993
Joby Jacob, Aged 28 Years vs State Of Kerala, Rep.By Excise ... on 18 November, 2010
indian penal code 1860
sec indian penal code
indian penal code doctypes: laws
all ipc sections
indian penal code, 1860 doctypes:laws
central government act
indian penal code 1860 doctypes:section
all indian sections
sec indian penal code doctypes:section
criminal procedures doctypes:laws
Central Government Act
Section 58 in The Indian Penal Code, 1860
58. [ Offenders sentenced to transportation how dealt with until transported.] Rep. by the Code of Criminal Procedure (Amendment) Act, 1955 (26 of 1955 ), s. 117 and Sch.
1. Ins. by Act 26 of 1955, s. 117 and Sch. (w. e. f. 1- 1- 1956 ).
2. Subs. by Act 36 of 1957, s. 3 and Sch. II, for" 1954 ".
3. Subs. by the A. O. 1950, for" the Central Government or the Provincial Government of the Province within which the offender shall have been sentenced".
4. Subs. by Act 26 of 1955, s. 117 and Sch., for" transportation" (w. e. f. 1- 1- 1956 ).
5. Subs. by the A. O. 1950, for" the provincial Government of the Province within which the offender shall have been sentenced".
6. Subs., ibid, for s. 55A which had been ins. by the A. O. 1937.