IN THE HIGH COURT OF KERALA AT ERNAKULAM Bail Appl..No. 4101 of 2010()
1. SANOOP N.K, S/O.PADMANABHAN ... Petitioner
2. RATHEESH M @ UNDA RATHEESAN Vs
1. STATION HOUSE OFFICER
For Petitioner :SRI.M.C.RATNAKARAN For Respondent :PUBLIC PROSECUTOR The Hon'ble MRS. Justice K.HEMA Dated :15/07/2919
O R D E R
B.A. No.4101 of 2010
------------------------------------ Dated this the 15th day of July, 2010 O R D E R
This petition is for bail.
2. The alleged offences are under Sections 143, 147, 148, 341, 326 r/w 149 Indian Penal Code. According to prosecution, petitioners (A2 and A3), along with few others, formed into an unlawful assembly and wrongfully restrained de facto complainant and attacked him using weapons and he sustained injuries.
3. Learned counsel for petitioner submitted that first accused in this case is granted bail by the learned Sessions Judge. Petitioners have only lesser involvement in the offence.
4. This petition is not opposed since the co-accused is granted bail. Petitioners are in custody for the past 33 days with effect from their arrest on 12/06/2010.
5. On hearing both sides, I am satisfied that bail can be granted on conditions. Hence the following order is passed: Petitioners shall be released on bail on their executing bond for Rs.25,000/- each with two solvent sureties each for the like sum to the satisfaction of the Magistrate Court concerned on the following conditions:
B.A. No.4101 of 2010 2 i) Petitioners shall report before the Investigating Officer on every Tuesday and Saturday, between 10 A.M. and 1 P.M. ii) Petitioners shall not enter the limits of the police station within which the crime is registered, except for compliance of condition no.1.
iii) Petitioners shall not influence or intimidate any witness or tamper with the evidence. iv) In case, petitioners are involved in any similar offence, bail is liable to be cancelled.
This petition is allowed.
K. HEMA, JUDGE