CENTRAL INFORMATION COMMISSION Room No.296, II Floor, B Wing, August Kranti Bhawan, Bhikaji Cama Place, New Delhi-110066. Telefax : 011-26180532 / 26107254. Website : cic.gov.in Date : August 23, 2012. Complaint No. : CIC/DS/C/2012/000881 Complainant : Shri Kuldeep Singh Yadav, Nangloi (Delhi). Public Authority : M. C. D. (Head Office), New Delhi. ORDER
The Commission has received a petition, dated 23/06/2012 (Diary No.:146403/2012) from Shri Kuldeep Singh Yadav, Nangloi (Delhi), stating that his/her RTI-application of dated 28/05/2012 filed with the CPIO, Nodal Officer (RTI), Municipal Corporation of Delhi, Dr. S. P. Mukherjee Civic Centre, J. L. N. Marg, Minto Road, New Delhi-110002 has not been replied by the CPIO (copy of the RTI Application enclosed).
2. The matter is remanded back to the CPIO with the following directions:
i. In case, no reply has been given by CPIO to the complainant to his/her RTI request, the CPIO should furnish a reply to the complainant within two weeks of receipt of this order.
ii. In case, CPIO has already given reply to the complainant in the matter, he/she should furnish a copy of his/her reply to the complainant within one week of receipt of this order.
iii. CPIO should invariably indicate to the complainant the name and address of st the 1 Appellate Authority, before whom the complainant can file first appeal, if any. A copy of CPIO's reply will be endorsed to the Commission clearly indicating the case number and reason for delay, if any, in providing information.
3. In case the complainant is not satisfied with the reply received from the CPIO, he/she, under section 19(i) of the RTI Act, may file first-appeal before the FAA within the time prescribed under the RTI Act.
4. On receipt of the first appeal from the petitioner as per the above directions, FAA should dispose of the appeal within the period stipulated in the RTI Act.
5. In case complainant still feels aggrieved by the decision of FAA, he/she shall be free to approach the Commission in second appeal under section 19(3), along with complaint u/s 18, if any, within the prescribed time limit.
6. The replies / comments of the CPIO should reach in the Commission within ten (10) working days from the date of receipt of this notice.
(Smt. Deepak Sandhu) Information Commissioner (DS) Authenticated true copy:
(T. K. Mohapatra) Dy. Secretary & Dy. Registrar Copy to :-
1. Shri Kuldeep Singh Yadav B-116, Shiv Park, Nangloi, Delhi-110041.
2. Central Public Information Officer Nodal Officer (RTI), Municipal Corporation of Delhi, Dr. S. P. Mukherjee Civic Centre, J. L. N. Marg, Minto Road, New Delhi-110002.