Central Information Commission Room No. 305, 2nd Floor, 'B' Wing, August Kranti Bhavan, Bhikaji Cama Place, New Delhi110066 Web: www.cic.gov.in Tel No: 26167931 Case No. CIC/SS/A/2012/003287 Dated: 19.06.2013 Name of Appellant : Shri Vidhyadhar Pandey Name of Respondent : Ministry of Home Affairs, Department of Official Language Date of Hearing : 23.05.2013 ORDER
Shri Vidhyadhar Pandey, hereinafter called the appellant has filed the present appeal dated 12.9.2012 before the Commission against the respondent Ministry of Home Affairs, Department of Official Language, New Delhi for not providing complete and satisfactory information in response to his RTI application dated 12.4.2012. The appellant was present whereas the respondent were represented by Shri Harinder Kumar, Director and Shri P.V. Bindhu, Deputy Director.
2. The appellant through his RTI application dated 12.4.2012 addressed to CPIO, PMO sought information action taken on his various complaints filed before the Department of Official Language. The CPIO, PMO transferred the RTI application to the CPIO, MHA vide letter dated 18.4.2012. The CPIO, Department of Official Language vide letter No. 12024/21/2012-OL dated6.6.2012 replied to the appellant.2 Case No. CIC/SS/A/2012/003287
3. Aggrieved with the reply of the CPIO, the appellant filed first appeal before the FAA, Department of Official Language. The FAA vide his order No. 12024/21/2012-O.L. dated 23.8.2012 replied to the appellant on each of the queries of the RTI application.
4. During the hearing the respondent CPIO states that the Department of Official Language have constituted Town Official Language Implementation Committees. These Committees are chaired by a senior most Central Government Officer of the Town and all Central Government Offices, Central PSUs of the Town participate in the meetings held by Town Official Language Implementation Committees. The Chairman of the Committee is responsible for holding these meetings as per instructions from the Department of Official Language. The appellant, being a member of Kendriya Sachivalaya Hindi Parishad, which is an NGO, was also at that time an employee of North Central Railway, DRM, Allahabad and is stated to have attended a number of meetings of the Town Official Language Implementation Committee. It is the grievance of the appellant that the DRM, Allahabad did not take any decision either allowing his leave or rejecting it for his participation in the said meetings.
5. The appellant states that he has filed a number of complaints before the Department of Official Language in this regard and in this RTI application he wants to now action taken on the complaints filed by him before the Department of Official Language. The respondent on the other hand state that the question of granting leave to the appellant is solely the responsibility of DRM Office, Allahabad where the appellant is stated to has been posted. The DRM, Allahabad would take a view regarding his participation and leave matters. Therefore they have transferred the RTI application to the CPIO, DRM, Allahabad vide letter dated 6.6.2012. In so far as complaints filed by the appellant before the Department of Official Language is concerned, the respondent state that the appellant has not given specific details of the complaints filed by him such as date of complaint etc. 3 Case No. CIC/SS/A/2012/003287
6. The Commission is of the view that the respondent have rightly transferred the RTI application to the CPIO/DRM, Allahabad to replying to the appellant on the question of grant of leave for participating in the meetings of the Town Official Language Implementation Committee. However, in so far as action taken by the respondent on the appellant's complaints is concerned, the appellant is advised to be more specific in his queries and to provide copies of his complaints filed before the Department of Official Language to the CPIO, the CPIO will thereafter provide reply on his complaints within four weeks of receipt of copies of such complaints from the appellant.
(Sushma Singh) Information Commissioner Authenticated true copy:
(K.K. Sharma) OSD & Deputy Registrar Address of the parties:
Shri Vidyadhar Pandey, 1901, Gaur Vaishwik Gram, Crossing Republic Rashtriya Rajmarg 24, Ghaziabad (U.P.).
The CPIO, Ministry of Home Affairs, Department of Official Language NDCC II Bhawan, B Wing, 4th Floor, Jaisingh Road, New Delhi-110001.
The First Appellate Authority, Ministry of Home Affairs, Department of Official Language, NDCC II Bhawan, B Wing, 4th Floor, Jaisingh Road, 4 Case No. CIC/SS/A/2012/003287 New Delhi-110001.