Mobile View
Main Search Advanced Search Disclaimer
Citedby 767 docs - [View All]
Anil Khatwani vs Smt.Nisha Khatwani on 10 May, 2012
Sankalp Singh vs Prarthana Chandra on 1 March, 2013
Principal Judge, Family Court vs Nil on 12 June, 2008
Rupa Ashok Hurra vs Ashok G. Hurra on 9 September, 1996
Girdhari Maheshwari & Anr vs Nil on 24 September, 2008

[Complete Act]
Central Government Act
Section 13B in The Hindu Marriage Act, 1955
27 [ 13B Divorce by mutual consent. —
(1) Subject to the provisions of this Act a petition for dissolution of marriage by a decree of divorce may be presented to the district court by both the parties to a marriage together, whether such marriage was solemnised before or after the commencement of the Marriage Laws (Amendment) Act, 1976 (68 of 1976)*, on the ground that they have been living separately for a period of one year or more, that they have not been able to live together and that they have mutually agreed that the marriage should be dissolved.
(2) On the motion of both the parties made not earlier than six months after the date of the presentation of the petition referred to in sub-section (1) and not later than eighteen months after the said date, if the petition is not withdrawn in the meantime, the court shall, on being satisfied, after hearing the parties and after making such inquiry as it thinks fit, that a marriage has been solemnised and that the averments in the petition are true, pass a decree of divorce declaring the marriage to be dissolved with effect from the date of the decree.]