Central Information Commission
Room No. 305, 2nd Floor, 'B' Wing, August Kranti Bhavan, Bhikaji Cama Place, New Delhi-110066 Web: www.cic.gov.in Tel No: 26167931
Case No. CIC/SS/A/2012/000672
Name of Appellant : Mr. N.L. Gupta
Name of Respondent : Delhi Police (Licensing Unit)
The Commission has received an appeal dated 1.12.201 from Mr. N.L. Gupta against the Delhi Police (Licensing Unit) pertaining to his RTI-request dated 8.9.2011.
2. Perused the documents submitted by the Appellant it is observed that Appellant's RTI-request dated 8.9.2011 was replied to by PIO, Delhi Police (Licensing Unit), New Delhi, vide letter No. 50859 dated 27.10.2011.
3. The Appellant has not availed the first-appellate channel u/s 19(1) of the RTI Act.
4. In order to avoid multiple proceedings under section 19 and 18 of the RTI Act, viz., appeals and complaints, the Appellant is advised to file his first appeal against the decision of PIO before Appellate Authority, Addl. Commissioner of Police, Licensing Unit, Delhi Police, First Floor, Defence Colony, New Delhi under Section 19(1) of the RTI Act, within four weeks of receipt of this Order.
5. On receipt of first-appeal from the Appellant, as per directions above, AA is directed to dispose it of through a speaking order, within four weeks of receipt of the first-appeal.
6. In case the Appellant is not satisfied with the decision of First Appellate Authority, he is at liberty to file a second appeal afresh before the Commission, under section 19(3), along with complaint u/s 18, if any, within the prescribed time limit.
Case No. CIC/SS/A/2011/000672
The Appeal is disposed of with above directions.
Authenticated true copy:
1. Mr. N.L. gupta,
WZ-1672, Nangal raaya,
New Delhi - 110046.
2. The First Appellate Authority,
Addl. Commissioner of Police,
Licensing Unit, Delhi Police,
First Floor, Defence Colony,