Application to MA in Law, Politics and Society in Ambedkar University, Delhi is open till 24 June. Apply here
Try out our Premium Member services: Virtual Legal Assistant, Query Alert Service and an ad-free experience. Free for one month and pay only if you like it.
IN THE HIGH COURT OF JUDICATURE AT MADRAS DATE: 02-03-2011 CORAM THE HONOURABLE MR.JUSTICE M.JAICHANDREN Writ Petition No.5031 of 2011 K.R.Singaram .. Petitioner. Versus The Regional Transport Authority, Coimbatore. .. Respondent. Prayer: Petition filed seeking for a Writ of Mandamus, directing the respondent herein to allow the petitioner to ply the petitioner's mini bus permit covered by the Vehicle No.TN 41 P 3692, to go to Pollachi Bus Stand from Jothi Nagar A Colony. For Petitioner : Mr.T.Padmanaban For Respondent : Mr.S.Gopinathan (AGP) O R D E R
1. Heard the learned counsel appearing for the petitioner and the learned Additional Government Pleader appearing for the respondent.
2. By consent of both the parties, the writ petition is taken up for final hearing and disposal.
3. At this stage of the hearing of the writ petition, the learned counsel appearing on behalf of the petitioner had submitted that it would suffice, if the respondent is directed to dispose of the representation, dated 22.2.2011, on merits and in accordance with law, within a specified period.
4. The learned Additional Government Pleader appearing on behalf of the respondent, has no objection for such an order being passed by this Court.
5. In view of the submissions made by the learned counsels appearing on either side, the respondent is directed to dispose of the representation, dated 22.2.2011, on merits and in accordance with law, within a period of two weeks from the date of receipt of a copy of this order. The petitioner is directed to furnish a copy of the representation, dated 22.2.2011, to the respondent, along with a copy of this order. However, it is made clear that this Court, by this order, has not expressed any opinion on the merits of the matter.
The writ petition is disposed of, with the above directions. No costs. Consequently, connected miscellaneous petitions are closed.
csh To The Regional Transport Authority, Coimbatore