Main Search Premium Members Advanced Search Disclaimer
Citedby 122 docs - [View All]
Safayatullah Khan And Ors. vs The State Of Bihar (Now Jharkhand) on 9 April, 2003
Moideen vs The Sub Inspector Of Police on 13 August, 2010
Amina Ahmed Dossa & Ors vs State Of Maharashtra on 15 January, 2001
Jawahar Singh And Ors. vs Financial Commissioner And Ors. on 17 August, 2007
Sabu vs State Of Kerala on 5 April, 2011

[Complete Act]
Try out our Premium Member services: Virtual Legal Assistant, Query Alert Service and an ad-free experience. Free for one month and pay only if you like it.
Central Government Act
Section 84 in The Code Of Criminal Procedure, 1973
84. Claims and objections to attachment.
(1) If any claim is preferred to, or objection made to the attachment of, any property attached under section 83, within six months from the date of such attachment, by any person other than the proclaimed person, on the ground that the claimant or objector has an interest in such property, and that such interest is not liable to attachment under section 83, the claim or objection shall be inquired into, and may be allowed or disallowed in whole or in part: Provided that any claim preferred or objection made within the period allowed by this- sub- section may, in the event of the death of the claimant or objector, be continued by his legal representative.
(2) Claims or objections under sub- section (1) may be preferred or made in the Court by which the order of attachment is issued, or, if the claim or objection is in respect of property attached under an order endorsed under sub- section (2) of section 83, in the Court of the Chief Judicial Magistrate of the district in which the attachment is made.
(3) Every such claim or objection shall be inquired into by the Court in which it is preferred or made: Provided that, if it is preferred or made in the Court of a Chief Judicial Magistrate, he may make it over for disposal to any Magistrate subordinate to him.
(4) Any person whose claim or objection has been disallowed in whole or in part by an order under sub- section (1) may, within a period of one year from the date of such order, institute a suit to establish the right which he claims in respect of the property in dispute; but subject to the result of such suit, if any, the order shall be conclusive.