Main Search Premium Members Advanced Search Disclaimer
Citedby 1572 docs - [View All]
Bimbadhar Behera vs Smt. Pratimarani Behera And Anr. on 8 January, 1999
Kailashben Arvindkumar Joshi vs Arvindbhai Ratilal Joshi And Anr. on 1 January, 1985
Bimbadhar Behera vs Smt. Pratimamani Behera And Anr. on 8 January, 1999
Sk. Omar Ali vs Aspia Bibi And Anr. on 25 November, 1997
Maria Abhishegam vs Joyce Ebenezer And Anr. on 23 August, 2005

[Complete Act]
User Queries
Try out our Premium Member services: Virtual Legal Assistant, Query Alert Service and an ad-free experience. Free for one month and pay only if you like it.
Central Government Act
Section 127 in The Code Of Criminal Procedure, 1973
127. Alteration in allowance.
(1) On proof of a change in the circumstances of any person, receiving, under section 125 a monthly allowance, or ordered under the same section to pay a monthly allowance to his wife, child, father or mother, as case may be, the Magistrate may make such alteration in the allowance he thinks fit: Provided that if he increases the allowance, the monthly rate of five hundred rupees in the whole shall not be exceeded.
(2) Where it appears to the Magistrate that, in consequence of any decision of a competent Civil Court, any order made under section 125 should be cancelled or varied, he shall cancel the order or, as the case may be, vary the same accordingly.
(3) Where any order has been made under section 125 in favour of a woman who has been divorced by, or has obtained a divorce from, her husband, the Magistrate shall, if he is satisfied that-
(a) the woman has, after the date of such divorce, remarried, cancel such order as from the date of her remarriage;
(b) the woman has been divorced by her husband and that she has received, whether before or after the date of the said order, the whole of the sum which, under any customary or personal law applicable to the parties, was payable on such divorce, cancel such order,-
(i) in the case where, such sum was paid before such order, from the date on Which such order was made,
(ii) in any other case, from the date of expiry of the period, if any, for which maintenance has been actually paid by the husband by the woman;
(c) the woman has obtained a divorce from her husband and that she had voluntarily surrendered her rights to maintenance after her divorce, cancel the order from the date thereof.
(4) At the time of making any decree for the recovery of any maintenance or dowry by any person, to whom a monthly allowance has been ordered to be paid under section 125, the Civil Court shall take into account the sum which has been paid to, or recovered by, such person as monthly allowance in pursuance of the said order.